Tuesday 15 July 2014

Love Entwined Part 14 & 15 is Launched

It's time for the double bow borders of Border 4
There's 4 to make in so it's a double month

The original was made in light and shady prints and I will be alternating light and dark also, as I have done for the zig zag border throughout.

  
If you observe the original quilt, you’ll notice that it is not as square as mine is. Up until this double bow border, which is border 4, the original and my own are drawn in the same (or as close to as possible) ratio and scale.

In the original however, the 4th border develops longer and narrower sides and the applique appears somewhat squashed. The bows are positioned to the seam and there is a visual embroidery line in between the bows to visually correct the size difference and disguise the difference between the top and bottom borders and the sides (which are all double bow borders).

Did the maker run out of fabric? Most probably, but she still managed to finish all the applique; although the last corner baskets appear to be out of alignment. You only see these differences on close examination and it in no way detracts from the beauty of the quilt. In fact, it’s these details which make the quilt so endearing.

Throughout the quilt design, I have purposefully tried to keep the stylistic lines of flowers and leaves, natural, imperfect and looking somewhat hand drawn—and this has been done to stay true to what I see as the elements of the quilt design.

This is a busy quilt which demands so much investment in time, embellishing and detail. Every corner is full of details and you can just feel the energy which was spent creating it.

Hopefully now, in border 4, your own quilt has absorbed your own style and is already reflecting the time and energy you have invested in making this interesting quilt your very own.

This is where we are up to
Part 16 will be released on September 15th, 2014

 Can't wait to see what you do this month...


‘Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet’ is a Free 18 Month Historic BOM
Each ‘block’ of the month is released monthly, on the 15th of each month.
All ‘blocks’ are available for download via my Yahoo BOM Group only


2 comments:

  1. each time I see the quilt I tell myself I need to get back to work on it - but this one is too intense for my camper and I will be in it for the next two months - hopefully I will get back to this quilt later this year - I have neglected it for so long - it is just beautiful Esther - I keep printing out my patterns and saving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider myself a modern quilter, but I absolutely LOVE this quilt!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...